This position oversees the effective development and implementation of IFAW’s campaigns, projects and communications strategies in China, in line with IFAW’s international campaigning priorities.
Reports to: Asia Regional Director
Location of Job: IFAW China Office (Beijing)
– Ensures the effective development of strategies for IFAW China’s campaigns and projects, in collaboration with Asia Regional Director.
– Liaises with Program Managers to ensure China specific strategies for campaigns and projects fully support IFAW’s priorities and the promotion of IFAW’s work internationally.
– Manages program and communications staff in the China office, and, in liaison with the China Operations Manager, implements effective training and development programmes for these staff.
– Ensures the effective planning and management of the relevant programmatic budgets.
– Represents IFAW to outside organisations, the media, politicians and other key opinion formers and policy makers, and to work with the Asia Regional Director to promote and develop the role as key spokesperson for IFAW China.
– Maintains a thorough working knowledge of animal welfare and conservation issues as well as other related issues pertaining to China, including keeping abreast of new developments in connection with campaigns initiatives.
– Ensures the Asia Regional Director and the international program managers are kept fully briefed. Ensures effective communication and integration with other IFAW functions as appropriate, including Development, SSU, Public Affairs, other country offices and HQ program functions.
– As a member of the China senior management team, foster and develop an internal culture in line with IFAW’s vision, mission and values.
– Remains aware of the public and media attention on animal welfare and conservation and maintain a positive and professional approach in any contact with the general public.
– Respects and maintain confidentiality at all times.
– Undertakes any other duties consistent with the post and, where necessary, assist with other areas of work as required.
– Proven track record in campaign and project management
– Thorough knowledge of the political, cultural and social systems and environment in China
– Former experience in conservation and animal welfare related fields preferred
– At least 3 years experience in a similar post
– Excellent leadership and management skills developed from previous experience in managing a staff team
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, excellent persuasive skills
– Fluent in both Chinese and English, able to speak and write in both languages
– Able to delegate and motivate others to achieve common goals
– Able to take initiative and solve problems independently
– Able to work under pressure and maintain positive outlook
– Able to undertake regular international travel
– Higher degree in relevant discipline, preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Room 705, Golden Tower
No. 1 Xibahe South Road, Chaoyang District
Beijing 100028 China